Wednesday, February 18, 2015

::Vision of Love:: RECAP

::Momma Disclosure:: { This is a compensated post in collaboration with Empire Marketing & Consulting. All opinions and statements expressed below are my own and true and honest. }



I have attended several events over the past year or so, and they all create a different impact on me as an individual and on my writing.  This past week I attended the Vision of Love/Vision Board party. Arrived to a swanky location in River Oaks' West Ave complex into a room filled with people waiting to hear what they need to do to bring their "A" game to relationships. And, let me tell you, the panelist did not disappoint. The conversations became so open and real. It was so much fun. 


Each panelist had a unique perspective and as Momma I of course identified best with Crystal Wall, wife to famous Houston Rapper Paul Wall and fellow Momma of Dos {2}!  

::Vision of Love Expert Panelist included::

::Jaime Rose:: a realist, a matchmaker, and very eager woman of great success. She was very assertive and positive but very realistic.  I loved her insight as to what is needed to date these days. She stated that we need to find the male or female version of  ourselves; to some extent couples have to be similar but at the same time different. I thought this was right on! 

My Husband and I are very, very similar yet so different. We have been together for almost 15 years, married for 8 years. She also stated that we should allow a balance between the male and female roles in a relationship; as well as allow a man to be a man! Agreed, my Husband is our provider and the leader of our home but he also gives me respect and space to make the same decisions as him and I work to help provide for our family. 

::Mike Garofola:: a very eligible Bachelor here in Houston who spoke on the challenges of dating and trying to figure what women really want? He stated that love should make you feel secure and comfortable. But, we sometimes create a "vision of love" from Hollywood that just is not real! 

Which I completely agree with, true love is never perfect. 

The conversation about love turned to fitness and self-love. Mike provided some great tips to help motivate yourself on days when you really don't feel like working out or moving! 

He suggested that after you workout you should write yourself an email or a hand written note {possibly a sticky note} with what you feel like right after you work out! Usually you feel amazing and are on a high of energy and endorphin's. Writing something like "you look amazing and can totally run 5 miles!" can motivate you on days when things are not going so great and you don't feel like working out. He also said that little things such as leaving your workout clothes at a door where you will have to see them as you walk in, can also help stimulate your senses and help motivate you! 

:: Crystal Wall:: married for 10 years to Paul Wall  her advice was about growing together as a couple and as individuals. As well as being able to work together to make it all fall into place! She stated how some of her single girlfriends will tell her she is "Blessed to be married" and while it is a blessing they don't know all of the "behind the scenes" and how much work it has been to have a lasting marriage that does works!  When asked about hwo to gain self-esteem and self-love, when we have a million things to do as women, wives and mommas. Crystal replied "Let go of the million things and make yourself number 1!" She said we should "Break the cycle, get fit and be healthy!" 

No questions asked this is great advice for any busy hard working Momma. We often let go of who we are to care for our families but should really make ourselves a priority, it's not only for ourselves but for the full benefit and well-being of our families!  

Another question asked to our panelist was; "Why are women thriving more on power instead of focusing on love?" Crystal's response stood out to me; "Women are more independent these days and taking care of themselves it's easier to thrive in your career than trying to find love...because it's easier for us." As a Momma who has a career and a degree I identify with this. We have now learned to work, work, work, if I was single I don't think finding love would be a priority since I can provide for myself. But I also believe it is good to find a healthy, supportive & loving relationship. 



Then came the networking which it's always an amazing experience to meet people from all walks of life and learn about their passions and goals! This night I met several authors, which taps into my interest of writing a book and getting motivated in that direction! 

Finally, we started our Vision Boards and let me tell you it was serious business people were really putting a lot of thought into their boards and thinking about what they would put on it. I started mine as well but I need to add some things to complete it. 

It was a great event with many inspirational new connections, I can't wait for the next time we all meet! I would love to know how everyone's visions come along. The hostess and panel mediators were smart and organized it made the event so enjoyable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment