Friday, February 27, 2015

::Self-Love:: Guest Blogger

I rarely meet people by accident, I have never thought that people come into my life by accident. I always meet these people with purpose. I place myself in places and groups or social events that I know will allow me not only to meet the type of people who I want  in my life but to reach more people with my words both spoken and written. 

A couple of months ago Angelica reached out to me about talking business. I naturally said yes! We have connected and I know her and I have something big to come not sure what it is just yet. We did though discuss self-love. Since the month of February is not over and I have claimed it to be the LOVE month, here is a little of her thoughts on self-love and her commitment to it. 

She will also be hosting a launch event next week, really hope you can join her! You can also request to join her Facebook group so you too can connect and be involved: Latina Entrepreneurs Empowerment Circle 


Here is my interview with her on the topic of the ::Commitment of Self-love::

Her focus and drive really inspire me... She is most definitely a woman on a mission... 




Tell us a little about yourself~
I’m a mother of two wonderful children, an entrepreneur, a coach and most of all a Lover of Life. I am passionate about serving Women especially within the Latina Community.

What do you do for a living?
I am an Empowerment Coach where my mission is to Empower the Latina Community with personal growth, entrepreneurship, and Financial education. I do all of this through various platforms – workshops, 1 on 1 coaching, classes.

What is your definition of self-love?
Self-Love is the empowering feeling to love oneself without guilt, shame, embarrassment, limitations and allowing to freely nurture your mind, body, soul and soul.

How have you committed to self-love? 
I love to read so I read every day. My fifth pillar to Self-love is Education. Education = Empowerment. Knowledge is the one thing that no one can take away from you. This is my commitment to self-love. I educate myself to better serve my community plus I enrich my soul and spirit with knowledge so it becomes a win-win situation.

What plan of action do you have in 2015 that will help you establish or maintain your “self-love” commitment? 
This year my projects have increased so Self-love is more important than ever. Just knowing that I need to keep my energy up motivates me to Self-love. In fact, the projects that I am working on are aligned with my mission in life. Anything else I kindly say no. This way nothing is draining my energy.

What motivates you to keep a positive self-image and self-love when times become difficult and you feel like you can't do this anymore?
My Faith in God and the Belief in myself keeps me going when time become difficult.

What advice do you have for others to remain positive about self-love? 
Be easy on yourself! Self-love should never be a stressful activity. Start off with something small like meditating for ten minutes a day or exercise for 15 minutes and then increase your activity as days go by. Sooner or later you find that Self-love becomes a way of life not just a habit.

We all struggle daily with so many issues of self-esteem, depression, etc; what has been your favorite quote, book, movie, item, or website that has helped you keep strong and move forward?
My favorite quote is from Marianne Williamson -

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” ~from A Return to Love, by Marianne Williamson. (excerpted from http://www.marianne.com/


You can reach Angelica for more information on her projects at links below:

You can find me on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/powerofloveinstitute 
My website is http://www.powerofloveinstitute.com/
or email me at angelica@powerofloveinstitute.com.

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic both of you! Kudos for working to empower others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Latina Entrepreneurs are the bestest! Thanks for sharing Connie! I followed the link to join the group -crossing my fingers-

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the space here. I attended an amazing event here and I ate more than I should. I had bread pudding, apple crisp, waffles and strawberries and cream. The main floor is very large and good size without being overwhelming, also there's tons of bar space at event venue to order drinks.

    ReplyDelete